Career Guidance Cell
TRAINING FOR COMPETITIVE EXAMINATION
Competitive Exam Training to empower women in career world, we provide training for TNPSC – GROUP IV,RRB,SSC,Bank & Postal Examinations.
TNPSC Training Program
“AIMAN Education and Welfare Society – Trichy” with a mission to train, educate and prepare suitably the AIMAN graduates who have passed out from our college, final year students of the College and other Muslim female graduates residing in and around Trichy district regarding Competitive Examinations took an initiative one of its kind to train students for Competitive Examinations like TNPSC, SSC, RRB, Postal and Banking Examinations.
First Phase of Competitive Exam Training
In the first phase we trained students of (2014 – 2017) batch and outsiders including alumnae of our college. Totally 134 students attended the training and 37 students appeared for the November 2016 Group IV Examination.
Second Phase of Competitive Exam Training
A total of 30 students enrolled for the SSC Examination Training program. The coaching classes by Explore Academy, Coimbatore commenced on 28th of January 2017. A 75 hours of training was provided.
Third Phase of Competitive Exam Training
Recommendations given to enhance the Training program
1. Training Schedule:
- In the first batch we had been conducting weekend classes to our final year students. Since only weekend classes won’t be enough and final year students have semester and their practical exams during the same period and at the same time a training period of 2 months will not be enough to compete in the competitive examinations, therefore recommended to have daily classes and start the training from first year onwards.
- We suggested to train not only our final year students but inclusively for all students from first year onwards. Since they are trained from first year, the training will be effective, the students will be preparing for a period of 2years for the examination and they can compete their exams without difficulties.
2. Fees for Training:
- For the previous two batches, our management had been paying the Academy for the training and the training was provided free to the students.
- In the first batch our management paid the training fees for 50 students and only 38 students had attended the Group-IV examination. Hence we had suggested to collect a minimum amount of money as monthly fees from the students for the current batch (2017 – 2018). We are collecting a fees of Rs.200/-(Rupees Two hundred only) per month from each student according to the advice of our Principal Mam.
3. Trainer for the Training:
Competitive exam training academy:
The Competitive exam training academy usually charges Rs.5, 000/- to Rs.3,000/- per student per batch and they used to demand for a minimum of 100 to 50 students per batch. Management used to pay the fees for academy on behalf of students. But drop off students rate used to be 50%, which is a loss for the management.
Freelance trainers used to charge Rs.15, 000/- to Rs.12, 000/- per month for 20 hours.
Therefore, keeping the above 2 factors in mind, we have chosen our student B.Farhan as trainer, who has attended the previous two phases of Competitive examination training conducted in our college and who is also pursuing her M.A. English in our college. We pay a nominal amount as salary. She takes classes for 2 batches per day (40 hours per month).
Commencement of coaching classes
With the blessings of Almighty and with the efforts of our management, started TNPSC coaching classes with 60 students in July 2017. The training is conducted by our student B.Farhan who is pursuing M.A.English in our college and who has attended the previous two phases of competitive exam training conducted in our college last year.
- We are conducting classes in the afternoon from 1:30p.m. - 2:30p.m. For non- muballiga students and students who are not participating in any other extra- curricular activities. We are conducting classes in the afternoon from 3:00p.m.- 4:00p.m. For muballiga students.
- Fees of rupees 200 is collected from each student every month.
- Daily classes are being organized in such a way that it should not affect their academics.
- On the consecutive week students clarified their doubts and the classes were proceeded further.
- Study materials have been provided for Part-A, B, C - English and Part-A, B, C- Tamil.
TNPSC VAO Exam Notification
TNPSC VAO Exam – This exam is conducted annually by Tamilnadu Public Service Commission. The Exam for this year will be held on 11thof February 2018 about 9351 vacancies. The notification was announced on 14th November 2017 by Tamilnadu Public Service Commission. Approximately our Muslim Community has 350 vacancies.
26 Students of this batch 2017-2018 have registered for the forthcoming TNPSC VAO Exam.
Staff Selection Commission or SSC has been one of the most desirable organizations for Government exams in India. Every year thousands of vacancies are filled by SSC in Government departments. Govt. jobs are the most sought after career choice in India. More so, the government is focusing on providing better facilities and services in every aspect of our lives. Government is focusing on the development of our country and to do that millions of Jobs will be created in the coming years. SSC is the leading Govt. organization that provides employment to lakhs of students in India. A great opportunity lies ahead for all the SSC aspirants. Notification was released on 18thof November 2017.
The Staff Selection Commission conducts Combined Higher Secondary Level (CHSL) exam every year for recruitment in various Ministries/ Departments/ Organizations of the Government of India. The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) conducts the Combined Higher Secondary Level (CHSL, 10+2) Exam for recruitment to various posts like:
- Postal Assistants/Sorting Assistants (PA/SA)
- Data Entry Operator (DEO).
- Lower Divisional Clerk (LDC).
- Court Clerk.
For the above SSC Combined Higher Secondary Level (CHSL, 10+2) examination 16 students have applied and are being trained.
Measures taken to improve students’ performance and to make them prepare well for the Examination:
- We have divided them into groups each containing 4 students with a Leader (who performs well) which will enable them to clarify their doubts as well as to enrich their knowledge. Moreover, expected questions are given to them in current affairs as well as in general studies.
- Every day oral test is being conducted to check their status in studies. An oral examination is one where students are required, individually, to respond orally to questions put up by the staff.
- Students are asked to follow up a separate notebook for practice and are regularly checked.
- Guest lectures are being organized for Aptitude & Reasoning Training.
- More than 40 students are undergoing training classes handled by Academy.
- Helped students in registering for both TNPSC GROUP IV, VAO & SSC Combined Higher Secondary Level (CHSL, 10+2) examination.
In order to make students more efficient to attend their forthcoming examination Trainers from different academy have been appointed and students are being trained.